Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Andrew_OCP
Regular Visitor

DAX - sum measures

Hi

I have a measure called Weighted Productivty. As you can see in the below screenshot. The measure is being calculated correctly. However I would like an additional column that shows the same row values, i.e 28.63,-58.42,-6.47, but sums the total as -36.27, rather than the current total of -26.68% (which is being calculated correctly).

How can I just use the calculated value and aggregate it in another column. Could I use a cumulative value on the measure. Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

screenshot.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Seb
Regular Visitor

Hi Andrew,

I've just come across your question regarding summing measures. Did you ever manage to resolve? If so I'd be very interested in understanding how as I kepp banging my head against a brick wall with this. 

thanks

Paul

Seb
Regular Visitor

Hi, 

Just in case anyone views my question; I've managed to resolve the issue. I have a measure called margin variance and to get it to total for each category as opposed to just complete the variance calculation is to use:

Margin Var. = SUMX(VALUES('Power BI Item Ledger Entry'[Item Number]),[Margin Var Calc.])

sandra_gc
Frequent Visitor

@Seb thank you, this worked very fine for me.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.