Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DAX: "Sales $ Last Year to Date" is wrong if no date is selected

Hi DAX experts,

For "Sales $ Last year to date" measure, my requirement is that if no date is selected/filtered, the period of calculating "Sales $ LYTD" is from beginning of previous year to yesterday's date of previous year. e.g: today is 6th Sep; the perios is from 2016-01-01 to 2016-09-05. My DAX is as followings. I use isfiltered function to check if date is filtered and use different calculation to calculate Sales $ LYTD. It worked fine before. After we removed some data from fact table, full process the tabular cube and the "Sales $ LYTD" become wrong.

Sales $ LYTD:=

var yesterday= CALCULATE(max('Date'[Date]),filter(all('Date'),'Date'[Day Offset]=0))

if(ISFILTERED('Date'[Year]) || ISFILTERED('Date'[Month Desc]) || ISFILTERED('Date'[Day Desc]),
        CALCULATE([Sales $],dateadd(DATESYTD('Date'[Date]),-1,YEAR)),

CALCULATE(
               [Sales $],
               filter(
                     all('Date'),
                     'Date'[Year]=year(yesterday)-1 && 'Date'[Month Number]<=month(yesterday) && 'Date'[Day Number]<=day(yesterday)
                     )
        )
  )

if I filter on date and select a date 2017-09-05, it works perfectly. see below screenshot:

expected.PNG

If I don't filter on the date, it is wrong. See below screenshot:

currentResult.PNG

if I break down the data slicing by region dim, I found subtotal on region level is wrong, the grandtotal just the sum of subtotal, which is wrong either.

incorrectLYTD.PNG

if I break down the year, the grand total is wrong:

breakdownyearWrong.PNG

note: I have debugged my filter "'Date'[Year]=year(yesterday)-1 && 'Date'[Month Number]<=month(yesterday) && 'Date'[Day Number]<=day(yesterday)", it is as expected. 

Can you please advise the root cause and what is further troubleshoting steps I can do? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have found the root cause by myself. My below condition has logic mistake to get correct period. issue resolved now

'Date'[Year]=year(yesterday)-1 && 'Date'[Month Number]<=month(yesterday) && 'Date'[Day Number]<=day(yesterday)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have found the root cause by myself. My below condition has logic mistake to get correct period. issue resolved now

could you please share above PBIX file
AB

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.