Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

ramkula123
Helper I
Helper I

DAX query in direct mode

Hi All,

The below query doesnt work in direct query mode  for Calculate and All except:

Column = Table[ColD] - Calculate(MIN(Table[ColD]), ALLEXCEPT(Table, Table[ColA],Table[ColB],Table[ColC))+1

Can anyone help with alternatives ?

Thank you
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ramkula123 

Calculate is not work in a calculated column in direct query. please change it to measure using below formula:

Measure = var a = CALCULATE(MIN(Table[ColD]),ALLEXCEPT(Table,Table[ColA],Table[ColB],Table[ColC]))
Return
MAX(Table[ColD])-a+1

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @ramkula123 

I tried all methods as far as my knowledge, but still yet to access this because of the limitations on DAX and M code under DQ mode. I think you may change it to import mode for more performance.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ramkula123 

Calculate is not work in a calculated column in direct query. please change it to measure using below formula:

Measure = var a = CALCULATE(MIN(Table[ColD]),ALLEXCEPT(Table,Table[ColA],Table[ColB],Table[ColC]))
Return
MAX(Table[ColD])-a+1

quickly.

Hi @v-diye-msft ,

Thank you for reply. This caculation needs to be as axis in one of the visuals , but since its a measure I am not able to do so .

Is there any possible workaround for this ?

Regards 

@v-diye-msft wrote:

Hi @ramkula123 

Return
MAX(Table[ColD])-a+1

Hi @ramkula123 

I tried all methods as far as my knowledge, but still yet to access this because of the limitations on DAX and M code under DQ mode. I think you may change it to import mode for more performance.

quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.