Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

damonkimble
Frequent Visitor

DAX multiple condition in a single IF condition

Hi,

I have three variables called:

Append Sales Invoices[Amount] = Type Decimal Number

Append Sales Invoices[Header.No] = Type Text

Append Sales Invoices[Quantity] Type Decimal Number

I am trying to customize a column called TSIP Hours where the output is basically Append Sales Invoices[Quantity] that goes through an IF condition.

When the Append Sales Invoices[Amount] is 0 and Append Sales Invoices[Header.No] is either "20144" or "20140" then Output is the Append Sales Invoices[Quantity]. I put the formula down below. The problem is, it's populating the quantity regardless of the If condition - so if the quantity is 1 or greater, it still populates where it should only populate when Amount is 0. 

TSIP Hours = IF('Append Sales Invoices'[Amount] = 0 && 'Append Sales Invoices'[Header.No_] = "20144" || "20140", 'Append Sales Invoices'[Quantity])

This formula only populates on the first condition when amount is 0 but doesn't meet the second condition with the &&/||
TSIP Hours = if('Append Sales Invoices'[Amount] = 0 && ('Append Sales Invoices'[Header.No_] = "20144" || "20140"), 'Append Sales Invoices'[Quantity])
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @damonkimble 

According to this error message, you can change the DAX formula like this and check if it can work:

TSIP Hours =

if('Append Sales Invoices'[Amount] = 0 &&

'Append Sales Invoices'[Header.No_] in {"20144","20140"},

'Append Sales Invoices'[Quantity],BLANK())

If this DAX can work, would you like to mark my reply as a solution?

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @damonkimble 

According to your DAX formula, I think the second condition in your IF() function is incorrect, you can change the DAX formula like this:

TSIP Hours = 
('Append Sales Invoices'[Header.No_] in {"20144","20140"}, 
'Append Sales Invoices'[Quantity])

And you can get what you want.

If you still have a problem, you can post some sample data(without sensitive data) and your expected result.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, thank you for the response. Unfortunately, I get an error message "Operator or expression '()' is not supported in this context. I'll attach a screenshot of the data provided. power bi dax.PNG

Hi, @damonkimble 

According to this error message, you can change the DAX formula like this and check if it can work:

TSIP Hours =

'Append Sales Invoices'[Header.No_] in {"20144","20140"},

'Append Sales Invoices'[Quantity],BLANK())

If this DAX can work, would you like to mark my reply as a solution?

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@damonkimble Read this post to get your answer quickly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.