Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sperry
Resolver I
Resolver I

DAX measure with a denominator and numerator in different tables but in a visual with shared axis

I have a collection of simple measures in a Population Count model.

I would like the Census Profile Page to show age profile of Maori population to be fixed and an age profile population based on filter visuals for Census, Ethnicity and Gender.

Please see attached file - the 'Percentage by Age (5yrs)' visual is clearly incorrect.

Any help greatly received!Population Profile

4 REPLIES 4
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @sperry 

Changed the relationship.Please check if it matches your request.Below is the article about more to more relationship for your reference.

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/many-to-many-relationships-in-power-bi-and-excel-2016/

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for that..but I am looking for both % visuals to be the same. I got to the point you did..At the moment the non-static visual gives an age as a % of the total ethnicity population rather than the proportion of the age population.

Hi @sperry 

Could you simplify your sample data and provide a clear illustrative example about your expected output?It would be helpful to provide an accurate solution.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sorry I probably wasn't clear but the report in the attached actually contains the example of what I need the visual to show. Left one below shows the visual with calculation I do not want to show. The right-hand one shows the correct calculation. So the visual left is driven by the ethnicity filter and when Maori is selcted should show the same.

Answering the question - In each age group what proportion of that population is the ethnicity filtered?

So in the 0-4 age group 28% of that age group is Maori. If I filter Asian then what proportion of the 0-4 age group Asian? The left visual should shpow this.

Incorrect Visual.pngCorrect Visual.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.