Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

o59393
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

DAX measure not filtering graphs

Hi all

I created a DAX measure to obtain the metric of the on time products. Formula is simple = on time / (on time+not on time)

And a dax to obtain the not on time which basically is a calculate and filter the not on time.

The numbers are correct within the graph. However when i click on that graph the contains these 2 dax, the other graphs that I have in my dashboard do not work. 

So, when I click on (1) of upper graph, the rest wont do anything (lower graphs)

graphs1.PNG

These are the dax I created:

*On time = CALCULATE(COUNT(Ticket[*Tracking Index]),Ticket[*Tracking Index]="On Time")/(CALCULATE(COUNT(Ticket[*Tracking Index]),Ticket[*Tracking Index]="On Time")+CALCULATE(COUNT(Ticket[*Tracking Index]),Ticket[*Tracking Index]="Not On Time"))

Not on time = CALCULATE(COUNT(Ticket[*Tracking Index]),Ticket[*Tracking Index]="Not On Time")

So basically my question is, how to create a dax that updates other charts when I click the graph that contains the metric created.

Thanks all!
4 REPLIES 4
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @o59393 ,

In your scenario, when you click on the part of "not on time" in 2019, Power BI defaults you to choose the year 2019, not "not on time in 2019". Because the "Column series" is blank.

test.PNG

In your scenario, I suggest you to put "Tracking Index" in "Legend" of the other two Stacked bar charts.

test.gif

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi Icey

Thanks for the help. Including the tracking index to the graphs is not the visual we are looking for. 

It is just basically be able to filter the not on time when you click on these. I tried adding the on time metric to the column series but it didnt work.

Thanks.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

If possible please share a sample pbix file after removing sensitive information.
Thanks

Sure!

Here is the file, now the lower graphs update. The problem is when you click on the bar chart of not on time of the upper chart.

For example in the pbi, in 2019 I had 105 not on time. If i click on that, it wont update the 105 registers in the lower chart. It will return all the 2019 values.

Do you know how i can fix that?

graphs2.PNG

thanks a mill!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.