Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

trdoan
Helper III
Helper III

DAX in a Chart

Hello everyone,

My sample data can be found here

Assuming I have a "Store Name" slicer made from 'General Info'[Store Name] and a random store name is selected, I'd like to use the following 3 tables:

• General Info (has all store names)
  • Global Sales
  • W Sales

to create a measure/calculated column that can be used in a Stacked Column Chart where:

• X-Axis: Year
  • Value: The selected Store's corresponding Global Sales & W Sales
  • Legend: "Global Sales" ; "W Sales"
  • The chart displays only 1 Store's sales data and if no Store is selected from the "Store Name" slicer, leave the chart blank

Is there a way to concatenate Global Sales & W Sales into the same graph all the while showing only 1 Store at a time? It looks like an easy task, however, I can't seem to find a way to run both Global Sales & W Sales under the same graph. My graph would always have multiple Stores instead of 1 if I didn't make any selection in the "Store Name" slicer.

Please advise! Thank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @trdoan ,

An extra year dimention table is needed, which is linked to both 'Global Sales' and 'W Sales' tables based on common field [Year].

Year = VALUES('Global Sales'[Year])

3.PNG

Add [Store Name] from the 'General Info' into slicer. Place [Year] from above calculated table 'Year' onto X-axis, and add below measures into "values" of chart.

Global sales measure =
IF (
    ISFILTERED ( 'General Info'[Store Name] ),
    SUM ( 'Global Sales'[Global Sales] ),
    BLANK ()
)

W sales measure =
IF (
    SUM ( 'W Sales'[W Sales] ),
    BLANK ()
)

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @trdoan ,

An extra year dimention table is needed, which is linked to both 'Global Sales' and 'W Sales' tables based on common field [Year].

Year = VALUES('Global Sales'[Year])

3.PNG

Add [Store Name] from the 'General Info' into slicer. Place [Year] from above calculated table 'Year' onto X-axis, and add below measures into "values" of chart.

Global sales measure =
IF (
    SUM ( 'Global Sales'[Global Sales] ),
    BLANK ()
)

W sales measure =
IF (
    SUM ( 'W Sales'[W Sales] ),
    BLANK ()
)

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft , thank you for your help! Everything worked perfectly! 

However, I forgot to ask in the first place but please may you help me to compute the W Sales Percentages compared to Global Sales for each year?

Ex: Take Store A for example:

StoreYearW SalesGlobal SalesW Sales Percentage
A2015  3,000,000       6,500,000 46.15%
A2016  7,800,000    15,000,000 52.00%
A2017     560,000       7,500,000 7.47%
A2018     250,000       1,500,000 16.67%

How would you create a measure to calculate each year's W sales percentage of each selected Store and if either W Sales or Global Sales is not available, return "N/A" ? 

Thank you so much!

Hi @trdoan ,

Change "Stakced Column cahrt" to "Line and Stacked column chart", add the percentage calculation to "Line values".

W Sales Percentage =
IF (
    [W sales measure] = BLANK ()
        || [Global sales measure] = BLANK (),
    "N/A",
    [W sales measure] / [Global sales measure]
)

1.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.