cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

DAX help with a conditional classifer

I may be making this more difficult than needed....

I have a data table that I would like to filter with complex conditioonsn and then classifiy into a measure for pivot reporting.

See the below example.  DimINS may be extra\unneeded.  I have defined the measures I am looking to pivot with the report example at the bottom.

Thanks for helping in advance.  It all seams to foggy when it really should be simple dynamic conditions.

RunningTbl   dimT_Bunch dimINS    
InvoiceRunCodeInsid RuncodeBunch InsidName   
123104Red TT5 RedRed Inidustry   
123TTBlue TF5 BlueBlue Induistry   
123TGBlue 1043      
124104Blue 1253      
124101Blue 1013      
124TTBlue         
125104Red         
125127Red         
125TFBlue         
126104Red         
127104Blue         

Reflection = 'Count num of Runcode = "104" and Classify invoice by red or blue bases on Bunch code = "5"

Mirrors = Count num of Runcode = "104" where invoice not classifed by Bunch Code ="5" use Insid 

Straight 104 ReflectionsMirrors Bunch 5    
  Red301 0    
  Blue240 3    
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

@jrwjr_eng

I still can't understand your logic. In your Dim T_Bunch table, your RunCode and Bunch is 1-to-1 relationship.

What do you mean "RunCode = 104" AND "Bunch Code=5"?

If you are counting the invoices which matches your condition, can you explain why you get those results in the bottom table?

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Microsoft
Microsoft

@jrwjr_eng

I still can't understand your logic. In your Dim T_Bunch table, your RunCode and Bunch is 1-to-1 relationship.

What do you mean "RunCode = 104" AND "Bunch Code=5"?

If you are counting the invoices which matches your condition, can you explain why you get those results in the bottom table?

Regards

View solution in original post

Yes, Invoice counts is the goal.

Invoice Units = CALCULATE( COUNTX( FILTER('RunningTbl', 'RunningTbl'[bc]="104"), 'RunningTbl'[invoice]))

For unit counts... I need to aggregate the data table by a grouping (for example of Invoice 123 = 104 AND TG, then grouping 5 and classfied by the INSID color of the TG = Blue)

I went to look for SQL examples and found a DAX Dynamic Segmentation that is an example of a numeric classifier.  If I can port this over from a numeric range to a alpha index in a parameter table, I may have a way.

http://www.daxpatterns.com/dynamic-segmentation/

https://powerpivotpro.com/2014/11/new-twist-for-dynamic-segmentation-variable-grain-range-selection

I know I am making this harder than it needs to be.

In plain english, I want to test Invoices and if they known combnations of RunCodes to classify them as Reflections or Mirrors.  Then count\total classification as the Insid color for the RunCodes in t_group 5.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Community Conference

Microsoft Power Platform Communities

Check out the Winners!

secondImage

Create an end-to-end data and analytics solution

Learn how Power BI works with the latest Azure data and analytics innovations at the digital event with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors