Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DAX function to hide Gauge visual by default

We are using the guage visual and the table visual in the powerBI report. Visual guage will show the health status of the machine. We have to search for the machine name in the visual search box (smart filter pro by visual OKVIZ). When searching for the machine name in the search box (smart filter pro by OKVIZ visual) we can see the results related to that machine in the visual meter and the visual table.

When we delete the machine name (do not search for any machine name) from the search box the data in the visual table will be deleted, but in visual guage it is still displayed on all the details of the average machine.

We want to apply filter to visual guage to show the data only when there is a machine name in the search box, if we have not searched for any machine name that visual guage should be a blank value.

For the table visual object, we can apply data segmentation to display data only when we search for the name of a machine, but we cannot apply filter for visual control.

As it is not possiable to hide using card. Can you please proivde DAX to hide Gauge by default and display the data in gauge visual based on searched item. 

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Anonymous ,

check this out.

https://exceleratorbi.com.au/show-or-hide-a-power-bi-visual-based-on-selection/

Did I answer your question?
Please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.
Please give Kudos for support.

Marcus Wegener works as Full Stack Power BI Engineer at BI or DIE.
His mission is clear: "Get the most out of data, with Power BI."
twitter - LinkedIn - YouTube - website - podcast

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We would like to gauge instaed of card. Can you help us with steps to hide data in gauge visual using DAX.

@Anonymous whatever measure you are using on gauge change that measure as below

Measure for gauge = 
IF ( HASONEFILTER ( Table[Machine] ), SUM ( Table[Column] ) ) 

basically we are telling if no machine is selected/filtered then return blank value otherwise return value.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for reply but that did not worked. 

We have score column and we have type column  (machine, RAM, CPU, etc..). We need to filter gauge visual using type(machine or RAM and CPU). Can you help on it.

Hi @Anonymous ,

can you share a sample PBIX?

Did I answer your question?
Please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.
Please give Kudos for support.

Marcus Wegener works as Full Stack Power BI Engineer at BI or DIE.
His mission is clear: "Get the most out of data, with Power BI."
twitter - LinkedIn - YouTube - website - podcast

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.