Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DAX function that will bypass slicers

I have 3 different slicer, 2 from Calendar table (Year, Month) and 1 from other table (EmpName)

I'm using the Measure below to be able to get the Total days of all the Month being sliced.

DimDate is my Calendar table

InitialResponse-Assoc is the other table

DD Total days = 
Calculate(
    Countrows('DimDate'),
    Filter('DimDate',
        'DimDate'[D Date] >= MIN('InitialResponse-Assoc'[DateTimeReceived]) &&
        'DimDate'[D Date] <= MAX('InitialResponse-Assoc'[DateTimeReceived]))
    )

new1.PNG

But If I started applying filter for EmpName the total days for each row returns different values.

My question is, how can I still get the same DD Total days for all the row in my table visual? I need some function that would bypass the CountRows when EmpName is being sliced.

I already tried using ALL and ALLSELECTED in my measure but still no used. Seems I'm applying it incorrectly.

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok there are two things you are really asking, but i'll address the one that should hopefully solve your problem.  If you are doing your design work through the Power BI Desktop, you have the ability to edit the interactions between visuals.  Click on a visual and select the "Format" tab of the ribbon.  Look for "Edit Interactions".  When you toggle this on, you are able to click on your Employee Slicer and tell it not to filter the table visual.  Doing this will stop all of the filtering in that table.

Of course, you might be wanting all of the rows.  If thats the case, you want to make use of ALLEXCEPT.  This lets you specify which fields you wish to allow filtering to affect your results.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.