Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DAX formula revision to show % of courses completed

Hello everyone,

I had a thread about a week ago that was trying to get help with putting together a table to compile users from my data set and show how far they'd progressed through a bundle of trainings (i.e. if someone completed 4 of 5 trainings in a training bundle, they'd be 80% complete). 

I need to track the people who aren't at 100% so we can follow up for compliance reasons. A user on this board was SUPER helpful in getting me most of the way there, but I'm stuck at the finish line here. 

Here are the DAX formulas I'm using:

% Completed = DIVIDE ( [Count Course Completed], [Count Course Completed] + [Count Course Outstanding] ) 

Count Course Completed = CALCULATE ( [Count Course], course_completions_report[Completion Status] = "Complete" )

Count Course Outstanding = CALCULATE ( [Count Course], course_completions_report[Completion Status] <> "Complete" ) 

Count Course = COUNTROWS ( course_completions_report ) //base measure

The final formula that's meant to show the % complete for a given training bundle is the % completed DAX formula, but it's actually only returning users at 100% complete. I need it to either show ALL user completion percentages (up to and including 100) or the opposite where it will only show people below 100%. 

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here, so I'd really appreciate some help if anyone has any insight as to where I'm going wrong. I'm happy to answer any clarifying questions as well.

Lastly, thanks to everyone on the forum for your continued help, this is been an invaluable resource to help learn how to utilize this program! 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous hey can you share sample data and expected output and will get it over the line, if possible send pbix file with sample data.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k 

Hey there, I have just finished creating a sample data set in Power BI along with 2 tables to illustrate where I'm stuck. What's the best way to share the Power BI file? I'm still new to Power BI and not sure if I need to publish this or if I can just share the .pbix file with you/the forum. 

I'll share out the file once I'm clear on the correct way to do so. Thank you! 🙂

@Anonymous either you can share thru onedrive/google drive or feel free to send it by email, my email is in signature.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.