Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

DAX formula optimization question

Hi All,

I’m trying to implement a DAX column calculation in order to determine if a person is 100% non-billable or partial billable. I have a column in a table which states the ‘Today’s commitment rate’, those values range from 0,00 (a person is non-billable), 0,01 – 99,99 (implies that a person is partial billable) and 100 or greater (a person is fully billable).

I'm using the following formula to determine in which category someone belongs:

VIP calculation = IF(ISBLANK(Candidate[Todays_commitment_rate__c]); BLANK();
	IF(Candidate[Todays_commitment_rate__c] = 0; "100% VIP"; 
		IF(Candidate[Todays_commitment_rate__c] <100; "Partial VIP"; BLANK())))

I'm wonding if anyone can suggest anything that might optimize the formula.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
magsod
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi,

Are you experiencing performance issues with your current formula? How large is the table where you want to create the new column?

Another way to create the desired column could be to try:

VIP Calculation = Switch(True();

Candidate[Todays_commitment_rate__c] = 0 ;"100% VIP"; 
                                       Candidate[Todays_commitment_rate__c] < 100 ;"Partial VIP";
                                       Blank()
                                 )

Try and see if the performance is improved.

BR,

Magnus

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
magsod
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi,

Are you experiencing performance issues with your current formula? How large is the table where you want to create the new column?

Another way to create the desired column could be to try:

VIP Calculation = Switch(True();

Candidate[Todays_commitment_rate__c] = 0 ;"100% VIP"; 
                                       Candidate[Todays_commitment_rate__c] < 100 ;"Partial VIP";
                                       Blank()
                                 )

Try and see if the performance is improved.

BR,

Magnus

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Magnus,

Thank you very much, the performance increased by adding the Switch functionality to the equation

Greetings,

Ronald

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.