Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DAX formula issue

I have 5 DAX conditions and an IF condtion to return the measure result. The IF comparison condition is returning the result of only the month selected in Month slicer instead of returing last 3 months data when IF condition is True. The individual DAX conditions return correct result. The issue is in IF statement only. Can someone help?

BillDoc=
var Orders_1= CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(FILTER(SUMMARIZE('V2 Secondary Sales Fact','V2 Secondary Sales Fact'[Outlet ID],"Orders",CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('V2 Secondary Sales Fact'[Bill Document Number]))),[Orders]=1)))

var Orders_2= CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(FILTER(SUMMARIZE('V2 Secondary Sales Fact','V2 Secondary Sales Fact'[Outlet ID],"Orders",CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('V2 Secondary Sales Fact'[Bill Document Number]))),[Orders]=1)),DATEADD('Date'[FullDate], -1, MONTH))

var Orders_3= CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(FILTER(SUMMARIZE('V2 Secondary Sales Fact','V2 Secondary Sales Fact'[Outlet ID],"Orders",CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('V2 Secondary Sales Fact'[Bill Document Number]))),[Orders]=1)),DATEADD('Date'[FullDate], -2, MONTH))

var Orders_4= CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(FILTER(SUMMARIZE('V2 Secondary Sales Fact','V2 Secondary Sales Fact'[Outlet ID],"Orders",CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('V2 Secondary Sales Fact'[Bill Document Number]))),[Orders]=1)),DATEADD('Date'[FullDate], -3, MONTH))

var orders_3M=CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(FILTER(SUMMARIZE('V2 Secondary Sales Fact','V2 Secondary Sales Fact'[Outlet ID],"Orders",CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('V2 Secondary Sales Fact'[Bill Document Number]))),[Orders]=1)), DATESINPERIOD('Date'[FullDate],MAX('Date'[FullDate]),-3,MONTH))

return
if(((Orders_1>=Orders_2)&&(Orders_2>=Orders_3)&&(Orders_3>=Orders_4)),orders_3M, BLANK())

4 REPLIES 4
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Could you provide me with your data model and show me the screenshot of your issue?

Or you can provide me with your pbix file by your Onedrive for Business. You can tell me your calculate logic in you measure.

This may make it easier for me to understand what result you want.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

are you able to provide some data? so basically what you saying is you want your measure to ignore the slicer? how are you using this measure?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

The variable orders_3M in  IF condition- if(((Orders_1>=Orders_2)&&(Orders_2>=Orders_3)&&(Orders_3>=Orders_4)),orders_3M, BLANK()) is not returning last 3 months data based on month slicer selection.

For ex- For month selection Apr, it returns data of Feb and Apr instead of Feb, Mar, Apr. 

(Orders_1>=Orders_2)&&(Orders_2>=Orders_3)&&(Orders_3>=Orders_4) condition holds TRUE.

I am using this measure in a Column chart with Values as the 'measure name' and Axis as 'month'.

to be honest its hard to see whats going on without having some data to look at, have you checked each measure to see what its returning?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.