Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

7ea8ea
Helper III
Helper III

DAX formula for percentage of time a value appears for each name

Hi All,

I have a data set that looks something like this:

DateNameT or F
18/11/2020AT
18/11/2020BT
19/11/2020AT
19/11/2020BF

How should I go about writing a DAX formula if I want to know the percentage of times there is T for a certain name. For example, I would like to write a measure for A which equals 100%, and a measure for B which is 50%. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @7ea8ea 

You can  try measure as below:

Count_T = 
VAR a =
    COUNTX ( FILTER ( 'Table', 'Table'[T or F] = "T" ), 'Table'[Date] )
RETURN
    IF ( ISBLANK ( a ), 0, a )
Count = COUNTX('Table', 'Table'[Date])
Percentage% = [Count_T]/[Count]

Check sample file for more details.

32.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@7ea8ea , Try measures for

A

calculate( divide(countx(filter(table, table[T of F] ="T"), Table[Date]), countx(Table, Table[Date])) , Table[Name] ="A")

or

calculate( divide(countx(filter(table, table[T of F] ="T"), Table[Date]), countx(allselected(Table), Table[Date])), Table[Name] ="A")

for B

calculate( divide(countx(filter(table, table[T of F] ="T"), Table[Date]), countx(Table, Table[Date])) , Table[Name] ="B")

or

calculate( divide(countx(filter(table, table[T of F] ="T"), Table[Date]), countx(allselected(Table), Table[Date])), Table[Name] ="B")

Hi, thanks for the quick response. I tried using the formula you have stated but it doesn't seem to work. Maybe it's because my data has more names and dates? (I have thousands of rows). Any possible reason as to why this formula will not work for my data?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.