Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bluespark

DAX for calculating Job Profit

Hi experts,

I am fairly new to this and already spend some time to find out myself but I am not making much progress so really would appreciate your help:

I have a table with purchases and sales that looks like:

Order.Sales PersonAmountSalesInvNoTotal RevenuePO ExpensesProfitTrType
 -505tt555 -505505Purchase
Peter2689.2tt556$2,689.20 2689.2Sales

What I am looking for is now a DAX measure or another approach to be able to show 

Sales, SalesInvNo, Salesperson, Revenue and expenses in one line. i.e. getting a table where I can see the job profit per invoice?

Thank you very much for your help!

Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bluespark

In the end we came up with a solution: the key problem was that we only had the sales person information set for the sales transactions. So, it was giving us two lines in the visual as one had the sales person name the other one was empty. We added the sales person name via the SQL backend to the purchase transactions and with that got everything in one row as required. If someone has an idea how this could be done with DAX I still would be keen to know!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Bluespark

In the end we came up with a solution: the key problem was that we only had the sales person information set for the sales transactions. So, it was giving us two lines in the visual as one had the sales person name the other one was empty. We added the sales person name via the SQL backend to the purchase transactions and with that got everything in one row as required. If someone has an idea how this could be done with DAX I still would be keen to know!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.