Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Celador
Frequent Visitor

DAX - countif after grouping

Hi,

I need a series of measures to group some results by two columns and then count specific results in the 3rd column - and I'm very very new to Power BI and DAX.

I've done a bunch of googling, read through a number of posts on here, but I just can't seem to amend the measures I've seen to fit my scenario

A mock up of some data is in the image below:

Measure #1 would need to count the number of 'Red' Results based on distinct UserId's / ResponseId's

Measure #1 would need to count the number of 'Blue' Results based on distinct UserId's / ResponseId's

Using the example data below:

The result of Measure #1 would be 

The result of Measure #2 would be 2 

DAX_Group.PNG

Or in more visual turns, this is effectively what the measure would be doing (see image below) - grouping by User and Response - followed by a count of 'Red' or 'Blue'

DAX_Result.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Celador

Try these MEASURES as well

Red =
COUNTROWS (
    FILTER (
        SUMMARIZE ( Table1, Table1[UserId], Table1[ResponseId], Table1[Result] ),
        Table1[Result] = "Red"
    )
)

And

Blue =
COUNTROWS (
    FILTER (
        SUMMARIZE ( Table1, Table1[UserId], Table1[ResponseId], Table1[Result] ),
        Table1[Result] = "Blue"
    )
)

Regards
Zubair

Please try my custom visuals

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.