Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DAX - correcting the formula

I have three tables. DateTable, Store-List and Store-Transactions. Date have dates. Store-List have list of all the stores. And Store-Transactions have all the transactions happened in all the stores by date. Now I have two tasks.

1. Transaction-Count - Calculate total transactions in a given date range. I think I did that correctly.
  2. APSD – Average transaction Per Store Per day in a given date range.

Formula for 2 is.

APSD = Transaction-Count/([Total-Days]*[ Unique-Stores-Count])  

If we select Date range in PBI from 04/01/2019 – 04/30/2019 we get

Transaction-Count as 93. Which is correct.

APSD as 0.62. It calculates total distinct stores (5 Stores in a date range) and based on that it calculates 93/(30*5) = 0.62.

BUT above calculated APSD is not what I want, Here is why -

Based on Store-List table we can notice that -

• From April-1 to April-19, 2019 - Only Three Stores were open.
  • From April-20 to April-27, 2019 - Only two Stores were open
  • From April-28 to April-30, 2019 - Four Stores were open.

So, I want APSD formula to be modified in such a way that it calculates in this way –

APSD = 93/(19*3+8*2+3*4) = 1.09

In conclusion - Two considerations - Formula should adjust for number of days a store was not open in the selected date range. And it must count all the open stores even if does not appear in Store-Transactions table rows (which might happen if a store was open but did not do any transactions in the date range selected).

I am sharing the PBI and data files- 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16gwp8k-nni-CS8pxPU5UIsZI5W8wMhq1/view?usp=sharing

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

Unfortunately, it failed to download the shared file, would you please upload the sample .pbix file onto onedrive and share the download link here? Do mask sensitive data before sharing.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yulgu-msft  I apologize for the inconvenience. Here is the link:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqY7gk5JfaPjhhI-Kgtouy8NLFjH

Thanks!

@v-yulgu-msft wrote:

Hi @Anonymous ,

Unfortunately, it failed to download the shared file, would you please upload the sample .pbix file onto onedrive and share the download link here? Do mask sensitive data before sharing.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.