Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DAX code seperation sign change ; (semicolon) to , (comma). Dax is not working any more?

EU users (Netherlands) need to use semicolon (;) instead of the comma (,) to write DAX code as an separation sign. 

DAX is now automatically changing the semicolon to the comma, but than the DAX code does not work any more. Is this a bug since the last update of PowerBI (October 2021)?

If I want to change the comma to the semicolon it is not accepted. Is this a regional setting in PowerBI? Is there a work around to solve this problem? 

Please help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I saw some related issue in past, Please check any issue reported here on issues for Oct-2021 - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

usually regional setting should allow you that. But that might happen in new file post that

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Although you probably have, can you check your regional settings? Power BI update may have reset these to default. 

Hope it's a quick fix!

Theo

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I found out that our admin installed Windows in English and PowerBI desktop in Dutch. This leads to some issues in configuration with seperators and commas. The best is if a Dutch version of windows is installed in my case... Hope our administrator is willing to help....   

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I saw some related issue in past, Please check any issue reported here on issues for Oct-2021 - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

usually regional setting should allow you that. But that might happen in new file post that

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.