Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DAX code help needed - TestBrakeMachinerie

Hi, i have 4 tables. 

1 : Date table

2: Shift Table (Day/Night)

2:  A table that list events, "BrakeTestComplete" for example, and who occured at a precise time/date for a  certain vehicule#

3 : Vehicle List Table

All table are linked, but I would like to know the percentage of machinerie who completed their parking brake test in the Month.

I am able to build a table for each day/shift/vehicle and list the number of Event (Sometimes there's multiple BrakeTest for the same Day/Shift/Vehicle. Formula :

BrakeServiceIndicator = CALCULATE(IF([UtilizationTime]>0;
                                                               IF(COUNTA([EventId])>=1;"OK";"")
                                                               ;BLANK())
                                             ;[EventCategory]="Test_ServiceBrake")
This formula works in a table who contain day/shift/vehicle but not if i remove them, it will always shows OK.

For example : on one particular day, I have 10 vehicules operating ( 10 in the day / 10 in the night)

Day shift 5 have done their test and all have done their in night shift. So the result is 15/20 - 75%.

I would like to have the overall result for the month in percentage : 75% of the vehicule have done their test.

thank you very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Kristjan76
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi there,

You do not give very much info, it would be nice to have a image of the model for example. But I can try to help or at least get you started. I would try something like this

BreakServiceIndicator =
VAR tbl = 
SUMMARIZE(
  ShiftTable;
  ShiftTable[Day/Nigth];
  Dates[Date];
  "Nr Of Vehicles";CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Vehicle[VehicleId]));
  "Nr ServiceBrake"; CALCULATE( COUNTROWS(EventsTable);EventsTable[EventCategory] = "Test_ServiceBrake")
)
RETURN
DIVIDE(SUMX(tbl; [Nr ServiceBrake]);SUMX(tbl; [Nr Of Vehicles]))

If this does not work, you can copy the SUMMARIZE( ... ) and paste that into a new calculated table in order to get an understanding of why it is not working.

Regards,

Kristjan76

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kristjan76
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi there,

You do not give very much info, it would be nice to have a image of the model for example. But I can try to help or at least get you started. I would try something like this

BreakServiceIndicator =
VAR tbl = 
SUMMARIZE(
  ShiftTable;
  ShiftTable[Day/Nigth];
  Dates[Date];
  "Nr Of Vehicles";CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Vehicle[VehicleId]));
  "Nr ServiceBrake"; CALCULATE( COUNTROWS(EventsTable);EventsTable[EventCategory] = "Test_ServiceBrake")
)
RETURN
DIVIDE(SUMX(tbl; [Nr ServiceBrake]);SUMX(tbl; [Nr Of Vehicles]))

If this does not work, you can copy the SUMMARIZE( ... ) and paste that into a new calculated table in order to get an understanding of why it is not working.

Regards,

Kristjan76

Anonymous
Not applicable

It worked ! with some adjustment but it worked ! thank you very much ! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.