Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

DAX calculation or table with context

Hi, I want to create a line chart with multiple lines, here is the origin data

so the data should be transformed to this:

dim            value_a   value_b value_c 
6-30    10                  3         4
31-60   20                 5          7
>60      2                 9          23

I am new to use DAX, how can I create calculation or table use DAX to create these columns(dim, value a b c) and consider context with post_man, grade?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , create a common dimension with these values 6-30days, 31-60days, etc

Join with three columns dim_a, dim_b, dim_c , Two joins will be inactive and you can activate it using userelationship in a measure

example

calculate(count(Table[dim_b], userelationship(Table[Dim_b], dim[dim]) )

https://radacad.com/userelationship-or-role-playing-dimension-dealing-with-inactive-relationships-in-power-bi

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , create a common dimension with these values 6-30days, 31-60days, etc

Join with three columns dim_a, dim_b, dim_c , Two joins will be inactive and you can activate it using userelationship in a measure

example

calculate(count(Table[dim_b], userelationship(Table[Dim_b], dim[dim]) )

https://radacad.com/userelationship-or-role-playing-dimension-dealing-with-inactive-relationships-in-power-bi

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak Thank you. Do you mean join three column is to build relationship between two tables? But  it's unable to bulit relationship of 3 columns with another column.

If the relation is inactive, can it still calculation the real value with these3 calculation? as I use these calculations as value-axis and dimension table as the x-axis to make up a multiple line chart

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried it, works well

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.