Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dpombal
Post Patron
Post Patron

DAX calculating stores with a sale of product selected

Hi all,
I am facing an issue calculating following measure.

See attached PBIX report here https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am7buNMZi-gwgeBR4kHxdyh86pNB2w?e=YprTvr

I need to get the total amount of sales for stores with at least one sale (1 row) of selected product.

For each product, I need to filter the stores on which has been sold. And with the list of stores calculate the total amount of all sales in this store.

Product table is

1_Stores.PNG
Store table is

2_Products.PNG

Fact Sales  Table

3 Sales.PNG

Data model

5_data_model.PNG

I need for selected product Iphone XR to get all sales for the stores where it has sales.

Selected Iphone XR is sold in Store 1,2,3 --> Get total amount of sales (7.600) in Stores 1,2,3 of ALL products not only iphone XR.

Steps

1.  Get list of stores with at least a single sale of product_name selected.

2. With the list of stores of step 1 , get total amount of sales for all products sold in this store.

4_Pbi_report.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@dpombal 

My measure works if you take the product name from the produt table.  You should really only have product name in one table and always pull it from there.  Even in your sample file you pulled product name from the product table in the left matrix and from the sales table in the right matrix.  If you want to show it in both tables and pull from either you would just add the second product name field to the ALL:

All Sales = 
VAR _Stores = FILTER ( VALUES ( STORE[STORE_NAME] ), [Sum Value] <> 0 )
RETURN
CALCULATE(
    [Sum Value],
    ALL ( 'PRODUCT'[PRODUCT_NAME] ),
    ALL ( SALES[PRODUCT_NAME] ),
    _Stores

AllProductName.jpg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@dpombal 

You were almost there with your [Sum Value without product filter], you just need to apply a filter to the visual of [Sum Value] is not blank.

RemoveFilter.jpg

Is that what you were looking for?

Thanks in advance , but your approach is not Not exactly I need this in a DAX measure and for each product  I need calculation as I explain below.

Custom visual filters are not valid for me because I need to use this in another measure.

See total sales by Apple Stores

6_TOTAL_SALES_BY_STORE.PNG

Imagine my final requirement is a table with product_name and a measure dax with this amount

IPHONE_XR --> Iphone XR has at least 1 sale in Apple Store 1,2,3 (7600€)

MACBOOK_PRO--> Has at least one sale in App Store 2,4 (6800€)

Hello @dpombal 

I believe this measure will achieve what you are looking for but let me know if that is not the case.

All Sales = 
RETURN
CALCULATE(
    [Sum Value],
    _Stores
)

AllSales.jpg

Hi, It is not exactly but we are very close to get the solution.

Here is updated report https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am7buNMZi-gwgeBT-E1buTUzIVxyyA?e=3rTt5T link with your measure

I need your measure working in the row of a product, not in totals. I need the amount in totals  for the product_name row.

7_test1.PNG

I need a table with measure on a row context for each product_name .

PRODUCT_NAME  All Sales

Iphone Xr                7600 €

Macbook Pro 14     6800€

@dpombal 

My measure works if you take the product name from the produt table.  You should really only have product name in one table and always pull it from there.  Even in your sample file you pulled product name from the product table in the left matrix and from the sales table in the right matrix.  If you want to show it in both tables and pull from either you would just add the second product name field to the ALL:

All Sales = 
RETURN
CALCULATE(
    [Sum Value],
    ALL ( SALES[PRODUCT_NAME] ),
    _Stores

AllProductName.jpg

Totally correct many thanks!! @jdbuchanan71 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.