Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

smatesic
Helper I
Helper I

DAX and forecasting

This is idea: There are two tables (they'll probably be in Sharepoint) which show which package/tarifa a client is using, when it's expiring and how much it costs. 

I still don't have data, not sure if it can be done in Power BI, but I made sample tables. Tables would look something like this:

Untitled picture.png

A table in dashboard which has all necessery data:

Untitled pictursdffge.png

It shows that Mike is using Internet package, subscription last for 2 months and for that period of 2 months it costs him 100 USD. Very simple. Now, we will assume that Mike is going to use same subscription for the next two years. Subscription time remains the same, price also. Same goes for other customer - Anita, Jose and David. Is it possible (following assumptions stated above) to calculate how much each customer will pay in next two years? Now I can see that by 1.11.2018. David will extend his subscription 4 times and it'll cost him total 800 USD...

Can this be done in Power BI with DAX functions?

3 REPLIES 3
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@smatesic

In this scenario, to get the next 2 years cost, you should use 24 months divide by the duration, then multiply by Price. Just add calculated column like below:

Next 2 Year Cost = (24/Table1[Duration])*Table1[Price]

Capture99.PNG

Regards,

Can this be shown in line chart or as stacked column chart? So I can see what the income will be for each month. 

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@smatesic you simply want to add calculated column with DAX as below,

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.