Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

DAX Week and Month as tabs

Hi Experts,

I'm having a situation where need to calculate a KPI ( performance over a week and performance over a month) which should be available as a selection in the dashboard. Weekly KPI is 1350 records processed per person and I'm also not sure how to calculate for month ( this requires no of working days by 270 records processed per day). 

team size is 5 persons and individual graphs to be developed.

Data that i have is Total records, person name and date table;

1. what kind of a graph will be suited for this requirement?

2. DAX Calculation of  weely and monthly KPI?

3. How to design the switching between week and month in one single report ( Dax )?

Thank you for your support.

Regards,

Laz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

This issue is now resolved. Thanks for all your answers. Couldn't assign any points as this was resolved internally.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Firstly, I think the KPI visualization is the best way to display your requirement. There  is a document  you can reference.

3.jpg

And then, can you please post some sample data and the expected output. I want to know how you calculated the KPI.

Finally, what effects of switching between week and month do you want ?  Do you want to filter the measure of weekly and monthly using a slicer?

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-xuding-msft 

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I'm still learning about the Switch function but still couldn't get the hang of it. I'm using following DAX statement to switch between Week and Month. What I need is something like when i select Week, month figures should blank out and vise versa. 

DynamicSelection = 
          SWITCH(true(),
                [Selection] = 1,'Planning Time'[Weekly KPI],
                [Selection] = 2,'Planning Time'[Monthly KPI],BLANK()
)

Selection is nothing but a table which i manually created which has an Index 1,2 and Week and Month respectively. Then i'm using two measures to calculate week and month. At present moment when i click on week or month i can see on top left of the visualisation ( which is a Gauge) refresh icon appears and disappear but nothing else happens.

Please advise what's the best practice behind creating the Switch ? is Toggle is same as switch or different? 

Thanks again

Regards

LW

Hi @Anonymous 

Based on your scenario, there is a similar thread you can reference. If you have any issue, please  post sample data and the excepted output.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Dynamic-change-in-X-Axis/td-p/86167

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490 

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This issue is now resolved. Thanks for all your answers. Couldn't assign any points as this was resolved internally.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.