Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DAX Statement for current year only

I have dashboard built off underlying excel spreadsheets which have ytd expenditures and forecasted expenditures future month expenditures.  I have pulled this into a table that also includes 2018 actuals.  I'm trying to create a dax measure that calculates the sum of expenditures only for the current year.  I have the following formula, which works, but I'm prefer it to be dynamic, so next year I don't have to re-write it for the following year's dates

[Calculated Expenditures and Forecast] = sum of my expenditures and forecast column

2019 Year-End Forecasted Expenditures = CALCULATE([Calculated Expenditures and Forecast], DATESBETWEEN('Expenditure/Forecast and Budget'[Date], date(2019,1,1), date(2019,12,31)))

Thanks in advance! 
1 REPLY 1
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

There are many ways to specify the current year. One way is to use the values of your date dimension table in the year colume with a measure like: 

DimDate[Year]) = YEAR(TODAY())
You can also use the DAX for  Start of Year:
STARTOFYEAR(<dates>)
and End of Year:
ENDOFYEAR(<dates> [,<year_end_date>])
Use these in your formula to calculate the appropriate start and end points to create a dynamic calculation.
Resources:

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.