Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

yios
Helper I
Helper I

DAX Shift back a datetime variable 70 minutes

Hi all

I have a calculated column which computes a datetime value and stores it in a var.

Then i want to reduce this datetime 70 minutes, for example var has value 2/8/2019 15:00 pm and i want to return 2/8/2019 13:50 pm

How can i do it?

I have seen in other posts a method with M language but i need a method with DAX code.

Thanks in advanced  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @yios

Datetime type is actually a number where the integer part represents the days and the part behind the decimal separator a fraction of a day. 1/24 would be 1 hour, 1/(24*60) one minute. Based on this you can subtract 70 minutes simply by subtracting 70*/(24*60) from the datetime variable: 

NewColumn =  Table1[TimeStamp] - 70*/(24*60)

Then convert NewColumn to type DateTime again (the result of the operation will be a decimal number initially)   

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @yios

Datetime type is actually a number where the integer part represents the days and the part behind the decimal separator a fraction of a day. 1/24 would be 1 hour, 1/(24*60) one minute. Based on this you can subtract 70 minutes simply by subtracting 70*/(24*60) from the datetime variable: 

NewColumn =  Table1[TimeStamp] - 70*/(24*60)

Then convert NewColumn to type DateTime again (the result of the operation will be a decimal number initially)   

Thanks @AlB 

It works!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.