Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

iwf
Helper I
Helper I

DAX SUMMARIZECOLUMNS with FILTER

Hi,

Would anybody be so kind and help me with this problem.

When I create this new DAX table:

Table2 = SUMMARIZECOLUMNS (

Activities_All[AcType];

Activities_All[ScheduledEnd].[Month];

Users[FullName]

"Test";SUM(Activities_All[CountActivities] ))

It will give me the the Count of CountActivities for each unique combination of AcType; Month;FullName

but if I add this Filter

Table2 = SUMMARIZECOLUMNS (

Activities_All[AcType];

Activities_All[ScheduledEnd].[Month];

Users[FullName]

;FILTER( Users;[Position]= "Analyst" || Users[Position] = "Sales");

FILTER( Activities_All;[ScheduledEnd] > EOMONTH(TODAY();-3) && [ScheduledEnd] < EOMONTH(TODAY();-1)); "Test";SUM(Activities_All[CountActivities] ))

The SUM stops to work. It only "merge" AcType with FullName. The column ScheduledEnd shows the dates (without grouping).

Thank you for help

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @iwf,

I made a sample as below using your formula, I can get the sum of CountActivities of the filtered rows.

Table3 = SUMMARIZECOLUMNS (
Activities_All[AcType],
Activities_All[ScheduledEnd].[Month],
Users[FullName],FILTER(Users,Users[Position]= "Analyst" || Users[Position] = "Sales"),
FILTER( Activities_All,Activities_All[ScheduledEnd] > EOMONTH(TODAY(),-3) && [ScheduledEnd] < EOMONTH(TODAY(),-1)), "Test",SUM(Activities_All[CountActivities] ))

1.png

And my original tables are like this.

2.png

For more details, please check the pbix as attached. If it does not meet your requirement, kindly share your excepted result to me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/75oi3i4teyx9sf0/DAX%20SUMMARIZECOLUMNS%20with%20FILTER.pbix?dl=0

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Frank,

thank you for your answer. Is it possible, that the output in TABLE2 in column Month would be Date format? It is always a Text. What I wanted to achieve is something like this:

https://powerbi.tips/2016/07/measures-month-to-month-percent-change/

To compare the change between 2 previous month. So I thought that I would make one calculated table. But I ended with the text field.

Finally this solution worked for me:

I create First table for Pre-previous month

PrevTwoTable = SUMMARIZECOLUMNS(Activities_All[AccType];FILTER( Activities_All;[ScheduledEnd] > EOMONTH(TODAY();-3) && [ScheduledEnd] < EOMONTH(TODAY();-2));"PreviousTwo";SUM(Activities_All[Count CRM Activities]))

Then I create the same table but for previous month and add measure column

PrevOneTable = SUMMARIZECOLUMNS(Activities_All[AccType];FILTER( Activities_All;[ScheduledEnd] > EOMONTH(TODAY();-2) && [ScheduledEnd] < EOMONTH(TODAY();-1));"PreviousOne";SUM(Activities_All[Count CRM Activities]))

+ new column

Column = LOOKUPVALUE(PrevTwoTable[PreviousTwo];PrevTwoTable[AccType];PrevOneTable[Wood Type])

I ended with two tables, but it is working. Maybe it is not nice solution, but it is working

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.