Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AvionMarie
Helper II
Helper II

DAX - Remove filters for Latitude/Longitude Related Data

Hello I'm trying to display an ESRI map with lat/long data but ignoring a filter from a different table. 

Users will be using the new filter pane to filter all other pages in my report apart from this last page which has the map on it. 

I've tried creating measures and columns using ALL but I'm not quite there! This is my latest attempt at a DAX column for the longitude data but when I replicated this for the latitude data it's just lumped all points into one place:

All Longitude Points =

CALCULATE(
    MAX(GeoData[Long]),
    ALL(Cas)
)

Any DAX pointers would be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AvionMarie 

I can reproduce your problem.

To remove report level filter for one certain page but keep it for other pages, i would suggest you two ways as workarounds:

1. add "Page level filters" for all other pages, but don't add this filter for that page.

2. duplicate the table to create a new table  and don't connect this new table with your original table, use the columns from the new table to create the map on the certain page.

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AvionMarie 

I can reproduce your problem.

To remove report level filter for one certain page but keep it for other pages, i would suggest you two ways as workarounds:

1. add "Page level filters" for all other pages, but don't add this filter for that page.

2. duplicate the table to create a new table  and don't connect this new table with your original table, use the columns from the new table to create the map on the certain page.

Best Regards

Maggie

Hi @v-juanli-msft 

Thanks for looking in to this!

The page level filters sounds good, I tested this out but it doesn't seem to remember your selection when you move to a new page - do you know if there's a way of fixing this (like you can if it was an in-page filter)?

If not I think I will go for option 2!

Thanks again Smiley Happy

Hi @AvionMarie 

If you add page slicer on the "FILTERS" pane on the right, it doesn't support to ducplicate this setting for the page level slicer on other page.

However, if you add a slicer visual draging from the Visualization pane on one page,

then you could ducplicate this slicer onto other pages by copying this slicer visual and pasting it onto other pages and selecting "sync slicers".

See more details below.

Synchronize slicers across report pages

Best Regards

Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-juanli-msft 

Thanks for your thoughts. I was previously using sync slicers in my report, but really like the filter pane experience as it freed up space on the page! Am hesitant to mix and match using both filter mthods for the sake of consistency / user experience!

It would be awesome if the same syncing functionality could be applied to the new filter pane experience.. I guess there will be further development on this as it's new - but where is the best place to submit feedback?

Many thanks!

Hi @AvionMarie 

It is generous of youSmiley Happy

You could submit your idea here.

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.