Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DAX- Percentage calculation at different granularity

Hi all,

I have a table that looks like below. And the screenshot also shows what I am trying to do. I am trying to get a percentage of a column based on the slicer selected.
The one in green is the incorrect operation.

The one in orange is what I need.
My numerator needs to be the row context, and denominator slicer (filter) context. I know using a ALL will select the whole column, but I don't want that. I want my denominator to be only the values that are selected in the slicer.

DaxQues.png

Thanks,

Atul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
OwenAuger
Super User
Super User

Hi Atul,

You can use ALLSELECTED instead of ALL to do this.

To make your measure as general as possible (based on your current model), you could write

P Mix = 
DIVIDE (
    SUM ( Sheet1[Prior Volume] ),
    CALCULATE ( 
        ALLSELECTED ( Sheet1[Product Hier], Sheet1[Product Hier lvl 1], Sheet1[Product Hier lvl 2] )
    )
)

Using this measure, the denominator would be determined by any slicers filtering the table.

For convenience, it might be better to have a Product table related to your existing table, which would simplify the above measure since you could write ALLSELECTED ( 'Product' ).

Regards,

Owen

Owen Auger
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Blog
Twitter
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mochabits
Helper II
Helper II

@Anonymous 

ratioColumn =

DIVIDE(
CALCULATE(SUM(Products[Prior volume]), FILTER(ALL(Products),
Products[Prod lvl 1] = EARLIER(Products[Prod lvl 1]) &&
Products[Prod lvl 2] = EARLIER(Products[Prod lvl 2]))),
CALCULATE(SUM(Products[Prior volume]), FILTER(ALL(Products), Products[Prod lvl 1] = EARLIER(Products[Prod lvl 1]))),
0)
OwenAuger
Super User
Super User

Hi Atul,

You can use ALLSELECTED instead of ALL to do this.

To make your measure as general as possible (based on your current model), you could write

P Mix = 
DIVIDE (
    CALCULATE ( 
        ALLSELECTED ( Sheet1[Product Hier], Sheet1[Product Hier lvl 1], Sheet1[Product Hier lvl 2] )
    )
)

Using this measure, the denominator would be determined by any slicers filtering the table.

For convenience, it might be better to have a Product table related to your existing table, which would simplify the above measure since you could write ALLSELECTED ( 'Product' ).

Regards,

Owen

Owen Auger
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Blog
Twitter
LinkedIn
Anonymous
Not applicable

Owen,

Thank you.

I tried using ALLSELECTED too, but only with Prod Heir Level 1, which gave me 100% every time. this makes sense now. Thanks again.

Regards,

Atul

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.