Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DAX Pattern Lookup

I am hoping someone may give me points, possibly a solution, to something I want to do. We bulit table to log data from client calls. We store the browser user agent as given. If we pull in data from browscap.org for browser information I want to be able to lookup the matching browser in the browscap CSV file I pulled in and add it as a column to my data. This will provide me a want to create a relationship to the table and then allow users to know the different capabilities of the browser for their reporting needs. Like a breakdown of mobile vs desktop usage. 

So if my data has: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E) I can find the pattern match to find it in the data from http://browscap.org/ua-lookup that the result will be 

mozilla/4.0 (compatible; msie 7.0; *windows nt 6.1*wow64*trident/7.0*

I want to know how I can use the pattern in their CSV to give me back the right row so my solution will work as desired.

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Is there any rules you can use to split your data column to two columns, one contains the key information, like  

mozilla/4.0 (compatible; msie 7.0; *windows nt 6.1*wow64*trident/7.0*

in this example. And another column contains the rest text?

If there is, then you should be able to add an index column in csv table, and use LOOKUPVALUE Function (DAX) to get the related index in your data table. Smiley Happy

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Perhaps I need to look into the M language and do a lookup during the loading of the data?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.