cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bengtglave Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

DAX Measure

I am trying to create a measure where when I place it in a Pivot Table the values are displayed properly and not the sum of the values.

I have two tables, see below, and I want to multiply the Qty column by the appropriate pricing in column Price. The tables are called Table1 and Table2 respectively.

I created a measure called:

Prices := Calculate(SUM('Table2'[Price]))

and a measure called

Gross Profit := SUMX('Table1', 'Table1'[Qty] * [Prices]

When the data is displayed in a pivot table, the Prices are summed and I want the values to be the correct prices.

I have even tried the measure Prices := IF(HASONEVALUE('Table2'), Calculate(SUM('Table2'[Price]))) and that doesn't bring me back any value.

The Gross Profit measure works, however, I want the prices to be shown in my table.

DateDescriptionQty
2/1/2019Gummy Bear165
2/1/2019Mints40
2/1/2019Chocolate30
2/2/2019Gummy Bear167
2/2/2019Mints39
2/2/2019Chocolate28
2/3/2019Gummy Bear169
2/3/2019Mints42
2/3/2019Chocolate30

DescriptionPrice
Gummy Bear1.44
Mints7.1
Chocolate2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bwsutton1990 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: DAX Measure

Have you tried using LOOKUP from Table 1 to Table 2 to bring in the price and then multiply that by the quantity? i.e. LOOKUPVALUE(Table2[Price], Table2[Description], [Description])
3 REPLIES 3
bwsutton1990 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Have you tried using LOOKUP from Table 1 to Table 2 to bring in the price and then multiply that by the quantity? i.e. LOOKUPVALUE(Table2[Price], Table2[Description], [Description])
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @bengtglave ,

There should be a relationship between these two tables. Then you can try this formula.

Measure = min('table2'[Price]) * sum('table2'[Qty])

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
bengtglave Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

This indeed works when you bring it into the fact table. I was looking for a measure to write where I don't have to bring the variable into the fact table.

Thanks for the help and I'm marking this as solved!