Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mturcotte
Frequent Visitor

DAX Measure to count only latest transaction

Hi,

I'm struggling with a fairly simple concept and I need help figuring out the DAX measure to count the Boolean value from the last transaction for every User_ID in the transaction log where all User_IDs start with "Access = False", but some later get granted access, i.e. "Access = True".

I managed to create a summary table (2nd from the right) listing the last transaction date for each User_ID.

But I'm still struggling with the DAX Measure that would count only "Access = False" when there are no subsequent "Access = True" at later dates for the same User_Id. Conversely, that measure would count "Access = True" and disregard preceeding "Access = False" for the same User_Id.

With such a measure the histogramme in the top center would have True = 15 and False = 5, because only 5 User_Id were never granted "Access = True" in the duration captured by the transaction log in Table.

I tried to share the link to the report from my OneDrive, but this editor does not allow me to create the link (OK button inactive) ...

Does anyone know why the create link dialog has the OK button disabled after filling all the fields?

Thanks

MT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mturcotte ,

You could create the following three measures to get the result:

CountID =
VAR a =
    IF (
        SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Table'[Date] )
            = CALCULATE ( MAX ( 'Table'[Date] ), ALLEXCEPT ( 'Table', 'Table'[User_Id] ) ),
    )
RETURN
    COUNTX ( 'Table', a )

Status =
VAR a =
    IF (
    )
RETURN
    a
TotalCount = 
SUMX('Table',[Status])

Here is the result :
1-1.PNG

Here is my test file for your reference.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mturcotte ,

You could create the following three measures to get the result:

CountID =
VAR a =
    IF (
    )
RETURN
    COUNTX ( 'Table', a )

Status =
VAR a =
    IF (
    )
RETURN
    a
TotalCount = 
SUMX('Table',[Status])

Here is the result :
1-1.PNG

Here is my test file for your reference.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Thank you @v-eachen-msft !

Your solution works for me!

mturcotte
Frequent Visitor

It even ripped the screenshot I had seemingly successfully inserted...

Trying again:

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 09.26.03.png

Still unable to share a link to either OneDrive or to GoogleDrive…

This forum is wonderful to search and find answers but TERRIBLE to post questions...

I also posted about a BUG on PBIRS May 2019 in the Report Server section and on Ideas (as a suggestion to fix it), yet it remains in both the September 2019 and the subsequent October 2019 release (that patched other bugs but not the one I had provided great details on)... MOST disappointing!

Anyway, should anyone want access to the Report mockup I created to illustrate my DAX challenge without compromising sensitive data, just send me an email at             mturcotte --at-- atip-solutions.com

Thanks!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArclD4PLnaKAnxwSjb_r-cCDuUBJ?e=2W0ULd 

This time I succeeded in posting a link but using Chrome and connected from my account from customer's email system.

Go figure, but I'm still looking for help about the DAX measure to selectively count last boolean value and ignore preceeding ones for each user.

Thanks, MT

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.