Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BobBonner

DAX Measure needed to calculate across two tables with active relationship

I have a supplier table with transaction data (i.e. supplier responses times on given dates).  I also have a second table with supplier thresholds (i.e. each supplier listed once and other columns for the response thresholds).  The tables are joined at the supplier relationship.  Therefore, I want to calculate the difference between each supplier "transaction" response time against the "lookup" threshold for that supplier.  The calculation should change based on the user's selection of a supplier in the supplier filter.  For some reason, I am returning all the values from the "lookup" table and not the one related across the join for the particular supplier.

3 REPLIES 3
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @BobBonner

What does your calculation look like?

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

I’ve set up my data model differently.  I need DAX measure to calculate each row in transaction table against a single (lookup) row from my lookup table.  Each transaction should have a supplier/tower/groupcontract/activitytype/severity that has a unique instance in the lookup table.  The transaction table’s response time should be calculated against the response time threshold in the lookup table for the given combo.  Can this be done with a measure, or does it have to be done with a calculated column?  Also, does the RELATED() function not work when there are join tables separating the transactions from the lookup?DAXCalcAcrossTables.jpg

Thanks for the response.  I had my join set up incorrectly and am reformatting my data as well.  Will get back to you if the problem lasts.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.