Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

DAX Measure for totl SUM between two dates

Hello guys,

I'm pretty new to DAX and whant a measure that calculates the value of declaraties.The hard thing to me are the arguments:

The measure must calculate only the values where the time between the date of declaration (Fact Table Column enddate) and the start date (Fact Table Colum startdate) is not bigger than 2 years.

How can help me out?

Kind regards.

PS. the datemodel has a fact and a date table

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my test, you could refer to below steps:

Sample data:

1.PNG

Create a calculated column:

Date diff = DATEDIFF('Table1'[Start Date],'Table1'[End Date],DAY)/365

2.PNG

Create a measure and you could see the result:

Sum Value = CALCULATE(SUM('Table1'[Value]),FILTER('Table1','Table1'[Date diff]<=2))

5.PNG

You could also download the pbix file to have a view:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mn30j112ecqvo1b/DAX%20Measure%20for%20totl%20SUM%20between%20two%20dates.pbix?dl=0

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my test, you could refer to below steps:

Sample data:

1.PNG

Create a calculated column:

Date diff = DATEDIFF('Table1'[Start Date],'Table1'[End Date],DAY)/365

2.PNG

Create a measure and you could see the result:

Sum Value = CALCULATE(SUM('Table1'[Value]),FILTER('Table1','Table1'[Date diff]<=2))

5.PNG

You could also download the pbix file to have a view:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mn30j112ecqvo1b/DAX%20Measure%20for%20totl%20SUM%20between%20two%20dates.pbix?dl=0

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey @v-danhe-msft 

How would the structure of DAX change if I say that my end date is in a differen table?

I have to sum the demand for a part during the timeline of RTS_date + 90. For example a part X has an RTS 01/01/2000 then I have to calculate the total demand for this part using period from demand table which is RTS date + 90 days. SO basically sum the demand from demand table where the period is before 03/01/2000(assumed 30 days each month)

I have attached the table pic for two different tables.

Demand Table:

date_dax1.JPGdate_dax.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Daniel! It works :):)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.