Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DAX Measure - Get Prior Amount

hello all - i have a table that shows customer order information - Order Id, Customer Id, Order Date, Status, Amount. If i select a time period - month, quarter, etc. i need to show the the last period Amount. For example, if i select 2019 March, i want to show the Order Amount where the order date = March 1st 2019. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

You can calculate the First day of the month using below DAX formula:

FirstdayofMonthSales = CALCULATE(sum(Data[Sales]),STARTOFMONTH(Data[Date]))

Please accept my answer as a solution if Its helped you!!!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I assume you are wanting to do a Date Filter. There are multiple Types in this, You could use a Drop down Date Filter or a Slicer to Specify the Date Range ( Start and End Date).

1. Single Date Value

Value := 
VAR Date= SELECTEDVALUE(Order[date])
RETURN CALCULATE(SUM(Order[Order], Order[date]= Date)

2. Date Range (Slicer)

Value:= VAR First_Date= FIRSTDATE(Order[date])
VAR Last_Date=LASTDATE(Order[date])
RETURN CALCULATE(SUM(Order[Orders]), FILTER(Order, Order[Date] >= First_Date && Order[Date]<= Last_Date))

Best Regards,
Vignesh M

If what I suggested worked for you feel free to Drop a "Kudos" and Consider to "Accept as Solution" if I solved your Issue 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I assume you are wanting to do a Date Filter. There are multiple Types in this, You could use a Drop down Date Filter or a Slicer to Specify the Date Range ( Start and End Date).

1. Single Date Value

Value := 
VAR Date= SELECTEDVALUE(Order[date])
RETURN CALCULATE(SUM(Order[Order], Order[date]= Date)

2. Date Range (Slicer)

Value:= VAR First_Date= FIRSTDATE(Order[date])
VAR Last_Date=LASTDATE(Order[date])
RETURN CALCULATE(SUM(Order[Orders]), FILTER(Order, Order[Date] >= First_Date && Order[Date]<= Last_Date))

I just did a test but it is returning the same value as the Amount. See below. For example, for customer 456, date 4/1/2019, the Value measure should be 50. Thoughts?

Untitled.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.