Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RemiAnthonise
Helper V
Helper V

DAX: IF 'inside' SWITCH

Hi guys, 

I have this DAX:

Aantal dagen einde contract =
SWITCH (
TRUE ();
ISBLANK(TODAY()); 0; 'Vehicles'[Eind leasecontract] > TODAY(); DATEDIFF ( TODAY(); 'Vehicles'[Eind leasecontract]; DAY );
)

What I want is:

If 'tot einde contract' = -1 till -5000: I want this actual number. If the value is < -5000 I want "blank" because column 'Eind leasecontract' is blank, it gives me 01-01-1900. 

So I want something like:

Aantal dagen einde contract = 
SWITCH (
TRUE ();
ISBLANK(TODAY()); 0; 'Vehicles'[Eind leasecontract] > TODAY(); DATEDIFF ( TODAY(); 'Vehicles'[Eind leasecontract]; DAY ); [b]IF 'Vehicles'[Eind leasecontract] < - 5000;  "blank"; 0[/b]
)

These are my columns.

DaysTillEnd.jpg

Besides that, as you can see in the screenshot for the upper values, I got date ' maandag 1 januari 1900', which is 01-01-1900. In my database it's a blank, Power BI gives me 01-01-1900 set. I would like to see a blank. If this is possible, I think I don't have to handle the previous problem because it won't calculate Datediff Today from blank.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @RemiAnthonise,

If you want to replace the "01-01-1900" with blanks, you can try the following two methods.

1. Change it in the data source. If there are some non-date values in the date column?

2. Replace it in the Query Editor.

Regarding to the DAX formula, 

1. ISBLANK(TODAY()) is always false.

Can you share a sample?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @RemiAnthonise,

If you want to replace the "01-01-1900" with blanks, you can try the following two methods.

1. Change it in the data source. If there are some non-date values in the date column?

2. Replace it in the Query Editor.

Regarding to the DAX formula, 

1. ISBLANK(TODAY()) is always false.

Can you share a sample?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi @v-jiascu-msft , I've replaced values in the query editor. I tried everything as a replacing value except 'null'. I thought this would give me 'null' as a text but it's a blank field.

Problem solved!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.