Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vinaydavid
Helper III
Helper III

DAX Help - Number of working days to be fixed

Hi,

A part of my scenario is explained in the below thread.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Filter-data-using-date-range-from-slicer/td-p/483072

I was able to get the number of working days working in a date slicer (between).

However, I am struck in a situation where I need the VAR __ACT_DAYS to be fixed across the calculation.

Here is the code which I have used to calculate the % share of utilization of a team across different projects under a supervisor.

Measure =
VAR __END =
    MAX ( Query1[Date] )
VAR __START =
    MIN ( Query1[Date] )
VAR __DAYS =
    COUNTROWS (
        FILTER (
            Dates_Table,
            Dates_Table[Workday] = 1
                && Dates_Table[Date] <= __END
                && Dates_Table[Date] >= __START
        )
    )
VAR __ACT_DAYS =
    IF ( WEEKDAY ( __START ) = 1 || WEEKDAY ( __START ) = 7, __DAYS, __DAYS + 1 )
VAR __RESULT =
    DIVIDE (
        CALCULATE (
            SUM ( Query1[Hours Logged] ),
            ALLEXCEPT ( Query1, Query1[Supervisor], Query1[Project] ),
            FILTER ( Query1, Query1[Date] <= __END && Query1[Date] >= __START ),
            Query1[Work Log Category] <> "Leave"
        ),
        CALCULATE (
            DISTINCTCOUNT ( Query1[Employee] ),
            ALLEXCEPT ( Query1, Query1[Supervisor] ),
            FILTER ( Query1, Query1[Date] <= __END && Query1[Date] >= __START )
        ) * ( __ACT_DAYS * 7.8 ) - [Leaves_Measure],
    )
RETURN
    IF ( __RESULT > 0, __RESULT, 0 )

Problem description:

I want the __ACT_DAYS variable value to be fixed in the denominator. So that I can show the % share of the utilization (at Supervisor level - say 45%) across different projects (Say Project A-30%, B-9% & C-6% = 45%).

I think, the MAX & MIN functions are picking the dates from individual projects and giving out the net days in each projects. 

(For the above code, the values for __ACT_DAYS is something like 6, 2, & 1 based on dates of projects)

Background: I have 2 tables, 1 with supervisor (includes hours, dates, projects etc.,) another table is a Date Table to find count of working days. No relation exists between these tables.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Regards,

Dav

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @vinaydavid,

>>I think, the MAX & MIN functions are picking the dates from individual projects and giving out the net days in each projects. 

As you said, your tables do not contain any relationships. Obviously, your date table also not been interact or filter by current row contents projects. It should extract the min/max date across all records instead of grouped by each project.

>>I want the __ACT_DAYS variable value to be fixed in the denominator. So that I can show the % share of the utilization (at Supervisor level - say 45%) across different projects (Say Project A-30%, B-9% & C-6% = 45%).

How did these rates percent mapping?  Can you please explain more about these?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.