Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rbernhardt
Frequent Visitor

DAX Function to Countif

Hi,

I've looked through a few suggestions for the above and tried to use them, but they didn't work. What am I doing wrong?

I got an SQL Query to pull in Orders from our ERP system.

Each order can have multiple order lines, therefore the majority of them appear multiple times with only a couple columns (supplied item, qty, price etc) being different.

A number of item numbers are flagged as 'Stock' items. I need to find out if the order has any parts that are classified as stock.

In Excel, I would use this: =COUNTIF(C2:C10,A2&"_Stock")>0

Column A = Order Number

Column B = Stock or Non-Stock

C = CONCAT(A2,"_",B2)

When I replicate this in DAX, it totals up ALL orders that end with "_Stock". I can't get it to work. See pic

(Last column on the pic is just Concat(OrderNumber,"_Stock"))

Image 4.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Rbernhardt
Frequent Visitor

Nvm. Solved it with a simple vlookup

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Rbernhardt
Frequent Visitor

Nvm. Solved it with a simple vlookup

jsh121988
Employee
Employee

I'm a bit confused as to what you're trying to do. I think you want to know the order numbers that have stock items, and maybe the count.

I think you need to get away from the data view and use a Table/Matrix visual on a report page. You're basically overloading your table by trying to calculate parent values on child rows.

Create a CalcColumn:

HasStockItem = IF([ITM_Stock Profile (groups)] = "Stock", 1, 0)
// Returns 1 if the row is Stock, or 0 if not.

Then add a Table visual to a report page with Order Number and SUM of HasStockItem. On the visual filters, set SUM of HasStockItem to greater than 0 if you don't want to see orders that are not Stock. Or add a slicer to the page with HasStockItem, and select 1.

In excel terms, create a calulated column, then use a pivot table, then filter.

Hope this helps!

Hi,

Unfortunately this is only a small part of filter I will apply to the orders. I have a few more criteria to filter orders off by and I need this as a Calc column (not measure).

Some orders have 200+ parts on them and I need to include them as long as 1 part is a Stock item.

What I provided above is a calculated column, but it only operates on each row with now awareness of the table.

You could try creating a calculated table with Disctinct OrderId that creates aggreated columns. I think for that you can make use of SUMMARIZE().

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.