Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DAX Formula

Hi all

I have a DAX challenge that i haven't been able to solve.

I have 3 related tables;

GL Account (columns: No, Name, type)
GL Entries (Columns: Date, GL account no, Amount)
Calender (columns: Date, year, financial year)

I wish to make a measure (only 1) Which calculates sum(GL Entries[Amount]) when the Account type in GL Account table has value "Income" and when GL Account table has value "Balance" the calculation should be like 
CALCULATE(Sum(GL Entries[Amount]),FILTER(ALL(Calender[Date]),DimDate[Date] <= Max(Calender[Date])))

This would enable me to return a pivottable to excel with accounts as rows and the amount on income accounts will be filtered by a date filter interval (eg may 2018) and the amount on balance accounts will always the the total balance amount per max filter date (eg. 31st of may 2018).

Any suggestions?

Br Michael

1 REPLY 1
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous

It is impossible to return a pivottable to excel from Power BI Desktop which pivot table is not static.

If you want to perform the slicer and the pivot table work together, please write measures directly in Excel->Power Pivot.

You could create such a matrix visual within Power BI Desktop, and make it change with the date slicer.

However before start, please let me know exactly about your requirement.

Which is the "DimDate[Date]"?

Which "date" column do you want to add in the slicer to filter the sum values? from "Calendar table"?

"the amount on income accounts will be filtered by a date filter interval (eg may 2018) and the amount on balance accounts will always the the total balance amount per max filter date (eg. 31st of may 2018)"

the amount on income accounts should be the total sum before and on the filtered date (eg may 2018) 

such as (sum amount between 2018/1/1~2018/5/31)

the amount on balance accounts should be the amount of the max date of the month selected (eg. 31st of may 2018)

such as (dum amount at 2018/5/31)

Please correct my understanding if i'm not right.

Best Regards

maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.