Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lagerkrans1

DAX Formula that will calculate what the end of the month Acquisition number will be based off of a

I want to use a DAX Formula that will calculate what the end of the month Acquisition number will be based off of a cumulative daily total.

data example below

date    acquisitions                cumulative acquisitions     end of month pace
1/1/2019    40                                      40                             1240
1/2/2019    48                                      88                              1364
1/3/2019    52                                     140                             1446
1/4/2019    39                                     178                            1379.5
1/5/2019    35                                      214                            1326
1/6/2019    45                                     259                             1338

I manually used the (cumulative acquisitions/day of the month)*(number of days in month-day of month)+ Cumulative acquisitions

ex for 1/1/2019 I did (40/1)*(31-1)+40

I want DAX to do this for me automatically

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lagerkrans1

Create a calendar table 

calendar = ADDCOLUMNS(CALENDARAUTO(),"year",YEAR([Date]),"Month",MONTH([Date]))

and create a calcuated column in this table

days = CALCULATE(COUNT('calendar'[Date]),ALLEXCEPT('calendar','calendar'[year],'calendar'[Month]))

create relationship between "calendar" and your data tab;e based on date

create measures in your data table

cumulative acquisitions = CALCULATE(SUM(Sheet1[acquisitions ]),FILTER(ALL(Sheet1),Sheet1[date]<=MAX(Sheet1[date])))

end of month pace =
VAR dayofmonth =
    DAY ( MAX ( Sheet1[date] ) )
VAR sub =
    MAX ( 'calendar'[days] ) - dayofmonth
VAR div = [cumulative acquisitions] / dayofmonth
RETURN
    div * sub
        + [cumulative acquisitions]

1.png

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lagerkrans1

Create a calendar table 

calendar = ADDCOLUMNS(CALENDARAUTO(),"year",YEAR([Date]),"Month",MONTH([Date]))

and create a calcuated column in this table

days = CALCULATE(COUNT('calendar'[Date]),ALLEXCEPT('calendar','calendar'[year],'calendar'[Month]))

create relationship between "calendar" and your data tab;e based on date

create measures in your data table

cumulative acquisitions = CALCULATE(SUM(Sheet1[acquisitions ]),FILTER(ALL(Sheet1),Sheet1[date]<=MAX(Sheet1[date])))

end of month pace =
VAR dayofmonth =
    DAY ( MAX ( Sheet1[date] ) )
VAR sub =
    MAX ( 'calendar'[days] ) - dayofmonth
VAR div = [cumulative acquisitions] / dayofmonth
RETURN
    div * sub
        + [cumulative acquisitions]

1.png

Best Regards

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have read through the above and was trying to adapt it to my needs without success.

I have a table with all month end dates in and I am trying to add the unitprice for  that are active as at the month end date.

I have got the following but it will only work if you have one date in the table :

t_monthendtotals = the table with the dates in in whch I am adding the new column with this DAX

Amount= CALCULATE(Sum(billings[unitprice_base]),
FILTER(All(billings),AND(billings[createdon] <= t_monthendtotals[End Of Month Date],
OR(billings[TerminationDate] > t_monthendtotals[End Of Month Date],billings[TerminationDate] = BLANK())))

I was wondering if you could help me get the answer I need if at all it is possible in DAX .

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

I also tried to use this but it wouldnt work

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.