Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ppgandhi11
Helper V
Helper V

DAX Formula help - conditional calculation

Hi, I have the first 2 columns, I want to computer the 3rd column based on the logic given in notes.  

ServiceCount is not a column. It is a measure that I have calculated correctly based on some calculation.

ServiceCount = count(LineItem)

Basically I have been trying something like:

ServiceLevelCompare = if(Service = "D01" || Service = "D02",

calculate(sum(ServiceCount), filter(master, Service in {"D01","D02"})),

if(Service = "D04" || Service = "D05",

calculate(sum(ServiceCount), filter(master, Service in {"D04","D05"})), "N/A"))

Above is only intended to get the sum part (denominator) in the calculation. Once we have that, the calc will need to just use divide function with numerator being ServiceCount.

No luck so far!  Thanks a lot!

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ppgandhi11

You may refer to below measure:

Measure  =
IF (
    MAX ( Table[Service] ) = "D01"
        || MAX ( Table[Service] ) = "D02",
    [ServiceCount]
        / CALCULATE (
            [ServiceCount],
            ALL ( Table[Service] ),
            Table[Service] IN { "D01", "D02" }
        )
)

Regards,

Cherie 

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

I think this will help

ServiceLevelCompare = DIVIDE(ServiceData[ServiceCount],IF(ServiceData[Service] = "D01" || ServiceData[Service] = "D02",
CALCULATE(SUM(ServiceData[ServiceCount]),FILTER(ALL(ServiceData),ServiceData[Service]="D01"||ServiceData[Service]="D02")),

IF(ServiceData[Service] = "D04" || ServiceData[Service] = "D05",
CALCULATE(SUM(ServiceData[ServiceCount]),FILTER(ALL(ServiceData),ServiceData[Service]="D04"||ServiceData[Service]="D05")), 1)),0)

Regards,

Arvind

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

Thanks for the reply Arvind.  This does not compile. There is a syntax error in the beginning itself around the first IF condition.

... IF(ServiceData[Service] = "D01"  <-- this does not compile. The Service is not a measure it says.  The only available options are the measures of the context.

Have you tested it at your end by any chance?   

Thanks again.

Prashant-

I am able to get to below working which is not a complete solution, but it is first step in solution I believe.

ServiceLevelCompare = DIVIDE(Master[ServiceVolume-Provider], CALCULATE(count(Master[Line Item Number]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Master[Service]),Master[Service] = "D01" || Master[Service] = "D01")))

count(Master[Line Item Number] is basically sum of ServiceCount of D01 and D02 (100 + 200).

Master[ServiceVolume-Provider] is the numerator (100 for D01, 200 for D02).

Problem is: this is working only for D01 and D02. It produces correct result only for D01 and D02. For all others, it does not produce right result. it still divides for all rows with 100+200, which is incorrect.

I am unable to say that, For D01 - do this. For D02 - do this. For D03 - do something else.

I am still fairly new to power bi. So I am not sure how to get this done. Thanks.

Current output I am getting is with above formula:

Capture.PNG

Somehow I need to do the conditional calculation as shown in original post. Something like:

If(master[Service] = "D01" || master[Service] = "D02", <Do ServiceCount sum for D01 and D02>, N/A)  etc.

Hi @ppgandhi11

You may refer to below measure:

Measure  =
IF (
    MAX ( Table[Service] ) = "D01"
        || MAX ( Table[Service] ) = "D02",
    [ServiceCount]
        / CALCULATE (
            [ServiceCount],
            ALL ( Table[Service] ),
            Table[Service] IN { "D01", "D02" }
        )
)

Regards,

Cherie 

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Cherie,

Thanks a lot. Your solution works. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again!

Prashant-

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.