Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nielsrask
Regular Visitor

DAX Formula for subtracting columns?

Hi, I have created a matrix table from my data base.

Now, I would like to subtract two of the columns from each other and put the result in a new column.

Can I do it directly in the visual or is it possible for me to convert my Matrix Table visual to a query?

ThanksUntitled.png 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@nielsrask,

Create the following measures in your table and drag the result measure in your visual.

totalforspecies = CALCULATE(SUM('EKRN-a482911f-cdbf-4b5f-9e2d-8cde02e7f164-31_05_2017_clean july 2017'[species-count]))

totalforblankaction = CALCULATE([totalforspecies],'EKRN-a482911f-cdbf-4b5f-9e2d-8cde02e7f164-31_05_2017_clean july 2017'[action-taken]="")

result = [totalforspecies]-[totalforblankaction]

For more details, please review the attached PBIX file.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Interkoubess
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @nielsrask,

If you can five us a sample it will be great.

If I get what you are talking about, why not using a simple sum but the blank.

I am looking forward receiving your sample data.

Thanks,

Hi @Interkoubess, thanks for your reply, much appreciated!

Here is a sample: https://ascendaps-my.sharepoint.com/personal/nra_ascend_xyz/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?docid=11e43...

As you can see, I have created the Matrix table on page 2 and would like to subtract the 'blank column' from the 'total' column and display the resut in a new column in the matrix table.

I would be happy, if I could just add the matrix table to my queries:-) 

@nielsrask,

Create the following measures in your table and drag the result measure in your visual.

totalforspecies = CALCULATE(SUM('EKRN-a482911f-cdbf-4b5f-9e2d-8cde02e7f164-31_05_2017_clean july 2017'[species-count]))

totalforblankaction = CALCULATE([totalforspecies],'EKRN-a482911f-cdbf-4b5f-9e2d-8cde02e7f164-31_05_2017_clean july 2017'[action-taken]="")

result = [totalforspecies]-[totalforblankaction]

For more details, please review the attached PBIX file.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.