Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Narasimha
Helper I
Helper I

DAX Formula for Last 4 weeks data

Hi Team,

Am new to power bi dax, i am trying  to display last 4 weeks data with below dax formula.I have Date table and estalished connection with main table.

Last4Weeks = IF(DATEDIFF(ClosedTickets[PResolveDate],TODAY(),WEEK)<5 && WEEKNUM(ClosedTickets[PResolveDate]) <> WEEKNUM(today()),"YES" ,"NO")

I got below result with above DAX

Capture.PNG

Getting Extra week with above DAX, please correct me

4 REPLIES 4
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @Narasimha

Have you tried 

Last4Weeks = IF(DATEDIFF(ClosedTickets[PResolveDate],TODAY(),WEEK)<4 && WEEKNUM(ClosedTickets[PResolveDate]) <> WEEKNUM(today()),"YES" ,"NO")

If this works it's probably because the current week is week 0 for the DATEDIFF calc.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

@Phil_Seamark: I tried, getting same result like above

Hi @Narasimha

I think there is a mis-match on the weekstarting date, so you may want to use the optional argument on the WEEKNUM function based on your week preference

WEEKNUM([date] , 1) = week begins on a Sunday through Saturday (US style)

WEEKNUM([date] , 2) = week begins on a Monday through Sunday (Rest of the universe style).

So perhaps try variations on

Last4Weeks = IF(IFERROR(DATEDIFF(ClosedTickets[PResolveDate],TODAY(),WEEK),-1)<5 && WEEKNUM(ClosedTickets[PResolveDate],1) <> WEEKNUM(today(),1),"YES" ,"NO")

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hi there,

I am new to PBI and am using your solution for the same problem, to say wether "yes" or "no" Calendar_Date from my Dates table belong to the last four weeks from today. I get an error that says "The end of the input was reached. 

see formulasee formula

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.