Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

awhite2589
Frequent Visitor

DAX Filters

Hello!

I am new to PBI and have a question regarding DAX filters.

Let me lay the situation out. I have a column "Material Descriptions" and a column "Billing Doc #. There are multiple "Material Descriptions" for each "Billing Doc #". I am attempting to single out certain "Material Descriptions", find there corresponding "Billing Doc #'s", and then loop around and see what Materials are sold with the initial Material description search.

I created this calculated column:

= if( Table[Material Description] = "Material" , Table[Billing Doc #], Blank () )

This captures all of the billing Doc #'s I need, but when I use this as a slicer it only shows the original "Material Description" that I searched.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
WA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @awhite2589 ,

I created a sample pbix file(see attachment), please check whether that is what you want.

DAX Filter.JPG

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
awhite2589
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the quick reply!

Ex. I would like to identify that Orange has a Billing doc # of 4 and 3. Then, back track and find that Purple was sold in the same bill.

I hope this clarifies things.

Thank you!

Material Description   Billing Doc #
Blue                             1
Red                              2
Green                          2
Orange                       4
Purple                         3
Yellow                        1
Yellow                         2
Orange                        3

Hi @awhite2589 ,

I created a sample pbix file(see attachment), please check whether that is what you want.

DAX Filter.JPG

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Could you briefly explain why you used the "In Allselected" Operator in line 8 of the Flag Meaure. From my understanding, the original ALLSelect operator removes all filters for the designated table. In this case, it would be for the "Table", not the "Material Table". Can you explain this? Thank you for your help.

Hi @awhite2589 ,

As you can check my sample pbix file, I created a slicer used the field from dimension table Material. I get all of selected matrials from slicer selections by useing "in allselected(Material[Material description])". You can watch the following video to get better understanding about how to get multiple selections from slicer.

Get selected or multiple values from slicers using DAX

Best Regards

PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

HI @awhite2589 

Please supply some sample data as text or file.  Hard to get my head around your data without seeing it.

regards

Phil

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.