Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

powpowpow
Frequent Visitor

DAX Filter

HI Guys,

I have a quick question:
- Lets say I filtered my entire report on Calendar Date is in "Previous Week"

- But I need one of my measures to check if something was assorted in the last 6 months

I used the formula:

Assortment = CALCULATE([Assorted], all('Calendar'), DATESBETWEEN('Calendar'[Calendar Date], today() -180, today()))

Is the measure actually calculating on the last 6 months or is the report level filter only limitting it to previous week data ? If the latter, then how do I proceed
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@powpowpow 

The page filter only changes the displayed visual, the calculating result still take the last 6 months value.

For example, I have a measure calculate the last month value, when I set page filter to before 2020/2/1. The result 193 doesn't change, only the visual is filtered. 

6.JPG

Best, regards

Paul Zheng

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@powpowpow 

The page filter only changes the displayed visual, the calculating result still take the last 6 months value.

For example, I have a measure calculate the last month value, when I set page filter to before 2020/2/1. The result 193 doesn't change, only the visual is filtered. 

6.JPG

Best, regards

Paul Zheng

Hi Paul, 

That's what I thought thanks a lot for confirming ! 😄 

The weird thing is that for another measure of the same type, I was trying to sum all shipments that were made in the last three weeks. Knowing that weeknum([Last Saturday]) is 8 and that the visual is filtered on week 8 data only (Variable Fiscal Week is set to Previous Week), I assumed that the below formula would give me the result the sum of shipments made on week 6, 7 and 8. Unfortunately, it only sums the shipments made on week 8, thus limited by the report level filter. 😞 

Transit = CALCULATE(SUM(Shipments[Gross Units]),

ALL('Calendar'[Variable Fiscal Week]), 

filter(all('Calendar'),'Calendar'[Calendar Week] > (weeknum([LastSaturday],1) - 3) && 'Calendar'[Fiscal Week Num] <= (WEEKNUM([LastSaturday],1)))

Data:  I have

Calendar week = 6   -> Shipments = 6 units

Calendar week = 7   -> Shipments = 3 units

Calendar week = 8   -> Shipments = 12 units

But Transit measure results in 12 (shipments on week 8, Weeknum of last saturday)

Instead of summing of the three and be 21 units

Any idea on why it is doing this and how to resolve ? would greatly appreciate

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Seems fine or you can try like example below

Rolling 6 = CALCULATE(sum(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date],today(),-6,MONTH))

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I would expect that the ALL should get rid of the page level filter if it is filtering the Calendar table.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors