Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DAX Expression Resolution on a Table Column name

Hi PBI Community,

I have a requirement in which the user would make a Selection on the below Filter.  The Below is the Screenshot of the Filter.The User would make the Filter Selection HereThe User would make the Filter Selection Here

Once the user makes the selection. The Selected Value should appear under Current Week, The Previous Week to it should appear under Previous Week and the 13 Week Average should have the value of the last 13 Weeks previous to the Previous Week.

The Selected Filter option should appear instead of Current Week over HereThe Selected Filter option should appear instead of Current Week over Here

Eg: If i Select "2019w15" in the Filter, the Current Week Column will have the value "2019w15", The Previous Week Column will have the Value "2019w14" and the 13 Week Average will have the value "2019w11-2019w13".

P.S: I am able to bring out the Selection using a SELECTEDVALUE(). mapped it on a KPI and super-imposed the KPI over the Column name but when i Click on the Table the Original Column names appear.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for your Suggestion. As I have mentioned above, the Expected Output is the below. For Instance, When i select the above filter as 2019w25, then the below should be the output on the Table Column Headers. Hope this Clarifies?

This is the Expected Output with Previous 13 Week, PreviousWeek and Current Week respectivelyThis is the Expected Output with Previous 13 Week, PreviousWeek and Current Week respectively

hi, @Anonymous 

Do you mean that you want the column name is dynamic? If so, According to my knowledge, it couldn't achieve in power bi for now. The column name couldn't be changed dynamically.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that is Right. The Column name should be resolved dynamically. I know that the Column name would accept only string values but this is the Requirement. 

I have also tried a workaround of Placing Three Different Measures (KPI Cards) super-imposed on the Table Column Headers make the Font Colors go (Green) so that the Column header Value is not shown but clicking on the Table is automatically bringing out the Original Column Headers.

hi, @Anonymous 

As a workaround, if you could try Conditional formatting for visual titles 

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-april-2019-feature-summary/#dynamicTitles

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-conditional-format-visual-titles

Best Regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the Title for the Table and the one I would want to format is the Column Headers of the Table.

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

Sample data and expected output would help tremendously.
Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

and for  the 13 Week Average will have the value "2019w11-2019w13". If it should be "2019w1-2019w13"?

Best Regards,

Lin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.