Unsure what does it mean by the following: The data type 'XM_TYPE_REAL' does not match the expected data type 'XM_TYPE_INT' for the column 'Actual IS Amt (358599)' in table 'Table (358540)', column mask '0x0000000000000008'.
How can i locate the error ?
The new table originally works , however, it goes like this after I update the new set of data.
For those that found this page via google/bing, I was able to resolve this issue for myself by commenting out the row that was causing the error on my SUMMARIZECOLUMNS() command, let the table successfully build without the column, then un-commented to add the column back. This built without errors.
My guess is that the column that was being referenced in the DAX command changed somehow after you (or I, in this case) built the DAX table, and that PBI just needs a chance to refresh its structure. For me, it was some changes to the calculated column that was being referenced. Perhaps the OP had some data that PBI didn't quite know what to do with type-wise, which was causing it to break. (maybe it was coming in as an ANY column sometimes, an INT column other times)
That's quite interesting! I found the same thing. In my instance I was borrowing from another report and I pasted the DAX to build the table before everything was setup (relationships and dependent tables). I'm 99% this caused my problem, however, commenting out the lines one at a time and then uncommenting them back allowed the table to be recalculated and it worked!
Thanks @v-Sacoc, that was helpful to me and it fixed that nasty message, however it concerns me because it hasn't addressed the root cause. I'm not sure what will happen when this is deployed and people are using it but it inexplicably breaks again!