Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ksoukup
Helper I
Helper I

DAX Dynamic Measure as Slicer

Hello,

This is my first post, apologies if I've not asked correctly.

For my report, I have weekly price lists that have our active items and their price at the time. I have created a dynamic measure that will give each item a status ("New", "Price Increase", "Price Decrease", etc.) based on the week range that is selected (the week the price list came out). I would like to create a slicer with the statuses that will filter all tables/visuals on the report.

This is almost identical to the method described in this youtube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCq9VS0nsWo); however, I'd like to go a step further and have the slicer selection change all visuals.

I have attached the .pbix file from the video. How can I get the New/Returning toggle/slicer to change the column chart?

PBIX File 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ksoukup 

Please correct me if I wrongly understood your question.

If you want to use 'New/Returning Customer Toggle'[New/Returning Customer Toggle] as a slicer to filter the data in Clustered column chart , you need to create an association in the New/Returning Customer Toggle and Sales tables .

Because the fields in Clustered column chart are from Calendar table and Sales table , these two tables have no relationship with the filed use in slicer , so the data in visual will not change by filtering in slicer .

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Ailsa Tao,

Yes you are understanding correctly. The intermediary table right now helps to connect to a customer so it can be filtered. How can this be expanded to connect to other tables ('Sales').

-Kyle

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors