Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DAX: Count values based on date range from another table

I am really struggling with this one - hoping some one can help me.

In short I want to count usage (engagements) based on a contract period. I have three key tables:

Table 1: Contracts

- accountid

- contractid

- contract_start_date

- contract_end_date

Table 2: Accounts

- accountid

Table 3: Engagements

- accountid

- engagementid

- engagement_date

They are joined as such:

Contracts-Accounts-Engagements
accountid*:1accountid1:*accountid

Problem:

I want to create a measure on the contracts table that will count engagements that took place ('engagement_date') during the contract period ('contract_start_date' & 'contract_end_date').

I feel like this shouldn't be that difficult but I can't seem to get this to work. I have tried a number of things, using CountRows and Filter but often the results seem to come back incomplete. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on this. Thanks so much for help in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Try like

sumx(summarize(Accounts, Accounts[accountid], "_1", countx(filter(Engagements, Engagements[engagement_date] >= min(Contracts[contract_start_date]) && Engagements[engagement_date] <= min(Contracts[contract_start_date]) ),Engagements[engagementid])),[_1])

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

This worked perfectly, thank you so much Amit! You have saved me a huge headache!! Really appreciate the quick reply as well. This forum is the best 🏆

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Try like

sumx(summarize(Accounts, Accounts[accountid], "_1", countx(filter(Engagements, Engagements[engagement_date] >= min(Contracts[contract_start_date]) && Engagements[engagement_date] <= min(Contracts[contract_start_date]) ),Engagements[engagementid])),[_1])

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.