Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amconnel
Resolver II
Resolver II

DAX Conditional Formatting - Multiple Conditions

Hi, I need some help creating a measure to use for conditional formatting in a matrix. I have the following matrix:

amconnel_0-1623685430352.png

In addition to this, I have a slicer that filters for the following metrics: net sales, COGS, EBITDA, op inc, Gross margin, and SG&A. 

I only need conditional formatting for the "Variance" row. It needs to be based on a couple of conditions. 

When COGS or SG&A is selected in the slicer AND variance >= 0, I need the background colored "#FFC7CE"
When COGS or SG&A is selected in the slicer AND variance < 0, I need the background colored "#C6EFCE"

When anything else is selected (i.e. net sales, EBITDA, op inc, and gross margin) AND variance >= 0, background color "#C6EFCE"
When anything else is selected AND variance < 0, background color "#FFC7CE"

Any help is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amconnel
Resolver II
Resolver II

I had been having this problem for about two days. Couldn't quite get the solution right, but as soon as I post here, I figured it out. Here's the solution in the event someone coming across this has a similar issue. 

Conditional Formatting =
IF( SELECTEDVALUE(Append3[Metric]) IN {"COGS", "SG&A"} && [Variance] >= 0, 1,
IF( SELECTEDVALUE(Append3[Metric]) IN {"COGS", "SG&A"} && [Variance] < 0, 2,
IF( SELECTEDVALUE(Append3[Metric]) IN {"Net Sales", "EBITDA", "Op Inc", "Gross Margin"} && [Variance] >= 0, 3,
IF( SELECTEDVALUE(Append3[Metric]) IN {"Net Sales", "EBITDA", "Op Inc", "Gross Margin"} && [Variance] < 0, 4))))

From here, under conditional formatting for Variance, I chose rules, selected this measure, and assigned the appropriate colors to the corresponding numbers. 
amconnel_0-1623686623974.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amconnel
Resolver II
Resolver II

I had been having this problem for about two days. Couldn't quite get the solution right, but as soon as I post here, I figured it out. Here's the solution in the event someone coming across this has a similar issue. 

Conditional Formatting =
IF( SELECTEDVALUE(Append3[Metric]) IN {"COGS", "SG&A"} && [Variance] >= 0, 1,
IF( SELECTEDVALUE(Append3[Metric]) IN {"COGS", "SG&A"} && [Variance] < 0, 2,
IF( SELECTEDVALUE(Append3[Metric]) IN {"Net Sales", "EBITDA", "Op Inc", "Gross Margin"} && [Variance] >= 0, 3,
IF( SELECTEDVALUE(Append3[Metric]) IN {"Net Sales", "EBITDA", "Op Inc", "Gross Margin"} && [Variance] < 0, 4))))

From here, under conditional formatting for Variance, I chose rules, selected this measure, and assigned the appropriate colors to the corresponding numbers. 
amconnel_0-1623686623974.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.