Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Thilo
Frequent Visitor

DAX - Complex problem (Nested Grouping + MInx ?)

Hi there! My first post here and I guess it's a more complicated problem. The following data is given (excluding the win column!):

grafik.png

I have serveral dealers that sell the same products (look for product key) at different product prices and I would like to know the best dealer for each Product and in the second step for each product Categorie under the condition that he sells a minimum amount of 10 prodcts in each trade. If there are two dealers who have an equally good/best price they both "win" for that product. In the end I would like to have a stacked bar chart, that looks something like this:

grafik.png

It shows how often the dealers have the best price in each product categorie. I figure I need to perform the following steps:

- filter out the rows that have a min. amount that is <10

- group the products by product key and find the best price for each product key group (groupby + minx function??)

- ad a win to each dealer who has the lowest price for a certain product key

- if there are two or more equally low prices several dealers "win"

- in the end i need to sum up the wins of each dealer grouped by product categorie

I couldn't figure out the right DAX code until now, since I am quite new to DAX. Hope you guys can give me some valuable tips.

Thank you!

Thilo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Thilo ,

The following is my sample you can have a try.

1. Create a calculated column
Min = CALCULATE(MIN(Table1[Product Price]),FILTER(Table1,Table1[Product Key] = EARLIER(Table1[Product Key]) && Table1[Product Categorie] = EARLIER(Table1[Product Categorie]) && Table1[Min.Amount] >=10))

1.png

1. Create measures
Win =
VAR a = CALCULATE(MIN(Table1[Min]),FILTER(Table1,Table1[Min.Amount] >=10))
return  IF(MAX(Table1[Product Price]) = a, 1,0)

Total = SUMX(Table1,[Win])

21.png22.jpg23.jpg

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Thilo ,

The following is my sample you can have a try.

1. Create a calculated column
Min = CALCULATE(MIN(Table1[Product Price]),FILTER(Table1,Table1[Product Key] = EARLIER(Table1[Product Key]) && Table1[Product Categorie] = EARLIER(Table1[Product Categorie]) && Table1[Min.Amount] >=10))

1.png

1. Create measures
Win =
VAR a = CALCULATE(MIN(Table1[Min]),FILTER(Table1,Table1[Min.Amount] >=10))
return  IF(MAX(Table1[Product Price]) = a, 1,0)

Total = SUMX(Table1,[Win])

21.png22.jpg23.jpg

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-xuding-msft
Thank you very much Xue! Your solution is working for the test date. Concerning the real data I still have some issues, but I am positive that I'll be able to resolve them.

Best wishes
Thilo

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.